If it sounds too good to be true…
Momma always gets proven right, admit it. One of the phrases that has become a staple is “If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.” Modern Web Studios customers are calling in with offers from company’s on website builds and Search Engine Optimization that are promising things that look fantastic… But does the adage hold true?
Part of this increase in offers comes from a major shift in internet policy around December 2017. This shift allowed overseas emails and vendors greater access to American emails and servers. This shift prompted a significant email security upgrade by all major email services in March – April 2018 to try and control the massive influx of unverifiable emails and information that was jamming up their servers. Free accounts added limitations to inboxes, limited the amounts of emails that can be sent and received; as their free accounts we being misused to spam customers. The end result is oversees hackers using thousands of accounts to send out millions of emails in hopes that hundreds of people would fall for the scam.
To Illegit to Quit.
These companies, safe from prosecution in Turkey, Saudi Arabia, China, Russia, ect. are providing very well written emails to tell you how bad your website is and offering to reveal your free evaluation with a phone call or email communication. You get the report, hear the sales pitch and sign up for your “guaranteed” SEO performance program for just $295 per month. 2-3 months when you find out that nothing has changed, the company name has changed and the phone line is disconnected… Only to receive the SAME email under a different name just days later.
Trust but Verify
The late Ronald Reagan (when asked about the end of the cold war and the new alliances that were formed) coined the phrase “Trust, but verify”. Too much is at stake to buy into an overseas company plan when it comes to the long term profitability of your business.
If you get these notices, look for a few key things:
- Is the name of the company prominently listed in the email
- Do you receive the same exact email from 3 different addresses in a 5 day period?
- Are they offering something for free? (free ALWAYS has a catch)
- Is the phone number clearly presented with time zones?
- When you call them (IF you can call them), does someone say “Hello” or does a company representative identify themselves properly?
Start with a Trusted Source:
- Did you know that Modern Web Studios offers the latest in High definition website design?
- Did you know that we have an in-house Google expert that can guarantee 1st place ranking? (IN WRITING, as well as proof we’re doing it for others)
- Did you know we have organic programs to get your ranking higher?
- Did you know we also offer continuous training courses on search engine marketing, site development, conversions and branding?
Call us today if you’d like to learn more: (888) 987-7771
Also, please don’t assume that because we offer SEO services and marketing, that we won’t work with an SEO company of your choice. We are here to serve YOU, and if that means working with a company you choose, we’re happy to do that. We can even help you vet some of these company selections in a totally unbiased environment. You have always known us to be straight shooters, so please reach out to us if you need us to work with your SEO company; to help them achieve your goals.